Advance planning is required to ease/prevent a hangover.
Items required- H20, milk thistle, ability to nap the next day, Crisps, dioralyte, paracetamol.
- If you wake up with a dry mouth you need to have water next to the bed ready to go.
- Drink LOADS of water before you go to bed.
- Could drink dioraltye(rehydration solution) the night before or next morning.
- Milk Thistle– before you go out and before you go to bed ! Works for some people and for those it works for improves the fear and overall ‘unwellness’ of the next day.
- In the morning, have a shower, and go back to bed for a nap.
- Exercise with a hangover- always dangerous in my opinion as you’re likely to fall over- but a walk to the shop is a good idea – sense of accomplishment and further supplies.
- Basic paracetamol 1gm will ease that lovely headache.
The Fear- special mention.
The fear can be all consuming – I suggest comedy clips on youtube or back to back episodes of Its Always In Philadelphia ( especially if you feel like a bit of a degenerate- these guys have always done something worse than you !)
- Try not to make any major life decisions like quitting your job or breaking up with your partner when you have the fear- wait until the next day.
Ricky Gervais is always a good idea to laugh off the fear.
Enjoy the festivities 😉
Dr. C x.